Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31st, 2010 – 6.62 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This is it! The final run of 2010. It was the longest run I’ve done since the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. It took me a little while longer to recover from that race because I really hurt myself the next day. I had the day off so I wanted to get a longer run in.

The weather was great! This is how winter is supposed to be. Crisp and clear, palm trees swaying in the breeze and 63 degrees. You really can’t beat winter in Southern California.

The idea was to do the typical 4 minutes on and 1 minute off workout but I decided I would run half the route, then do the 4 and 1 thing. Once I got to the half way point I decided to just keep running. I tried to keep my heart rate between 145 and 160 so I didn't hit The Wall before I finished. That didn't always work out.

It felt really good for most of the run. Once I got to the 5.75 mile mark, I started to feel tightness in my back. I think my posture had been off, so I dropped my shoulders and straightened my spine but I think it was too little too late. This is going to hurt tomorrow.

For now, it feels good and I was happy to get home to see these lovely faces.



The interesting thing is that my time wasn’t much better than my 4 and 1 time. I’ve always heard that but I didn’t quite believe it. This was the first time I’ve ever run the full course. I’ll be tired tonight but it was early enough in the day so I should sleep like a rock. I expect to be completely knocked out when the clock strikes mid-night, so I’ll say it now: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment