Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 12th, 2010 – 2.87 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was nice. The whole family went to the dog park to let Sarah run around with some of her doggy friends. When we were ready to leave, I put on my reflective gear and told them I’d see them in about 3 miles.

It was a nice run. Very nice neighborhood. It was a nice easy run. It was mostly downhill so I was just getting the miles in. The temperature was perfect and the night was beautiful. Many of the houses had elaborate light designs. The kids would have loved this run, but it would have been a stroll for me. Maybe we’ll walk it together later on in the week.

Christmas in Southern California is just as magical as it is in the coldest and snowiest of places. The twinkling lights and the smell of harth fires make a chilly night run very pleasant. We don’t often get snow, but it certainly gets cold enough. Going forward, I will be donning my running cap, arm warmers and gloves and wearing my thick socks.

It's far from miserable to live here but I do prefer the warmer weather. Running at night makes me miss the spring weather. The long days and warm nights are great. The smell of jasmine in bloom and the sound of the crickets chirping. All good stuff.

A friend of mine told me about the Wee Mee app, so made myself a Wee Mee. I couldn’t find any running clothes, but this is my Wee Mee on a running trail. I just thought she was cute. Reminds me of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment