Monday, December 13, 2010

December 10th, 2010 – 3.51 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was good. It was the first run I’ve done in 5 days. I really didn’t want to go, but it had been so long, I really had to get it under my belt to kick start myself.

It seems like December isn’t going to be any better than November. Since the time change, I haven’t been very motivated. I have to admit that it felt really good to be out there. The temperature was very comfortable but it was late, so it was almost completely dark.

The night before, I went to the Girl’s Potluck at the office that we do every Christmas. There was a gift exchange and the lady who drew my name outdid herself. She only had $20 to spend and she did a FANTASTIC job. Personally, I think she went over the limit. I won’t mention her name but she is just the sweetest little thing. She gave me a Fila runner’s tanktop with the media pocket, a tube of Performance pain gel and this cool little flashlight. This wasn’t even on my list but about 2 days earlier, I saw a lady running in my neighborhood with a little flashlight and I thought, “What a good idea”. I was able to keep it steadier than I would if it were on my chest or head and it was nice to have it in my hand so I could turn it off whenever I didn’t need it. It makes it difficult to take Sarah because with a flashlight, pepper spray AND Sarah’s leash, my hands are pretty full.

I believe December and maybe even January will be all about just getting the miles in. Just maintenance runs to stay conditioned. I’ll start trying to really add speed in February. My next run isn’t until the end of March and I need to be able to just get the run in without worrying about increasing my speed. I am discovering that I am better than I thought I was. When I compare my finish times to when I first started running and it took me 45 minutes to run a 5k. I am far from the best, but I’m glad to be showing improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment