Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010 - Forgive Me, For I Have Sinned....


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

It's Monday morning and I have a sin to confess to you, my partners in sweat: I did not run at all this weekend. Not one step. I could beat myself up over it or I could rejoice in the fact that I got some premium, spontaneous sex this weekend. One of the many perks of marrying a younger man.

So what now?! Well, I replay the compliments I got from my hairdresser about how my efforts are "showing in my face", keep a mental snapshot of how great I looked in that suit at the BGC Fund Raiser and get my butt moving again!

Truth is, it felt good to take this very undeserved break. I spoke with a neighbor on Sunday and complimented her on her efforts. She was looking fantastic! I asked her what she'd been doing and she told me the she'd completely cut out carbs for herself and her family and it was going well. She'd lost 65 lbs and her family was on board with the lifestyle change too!

Well good for her! There is just no way in Heaven or Hell that I could get my family to cut out carbs completely. She's also been going to the gym everyday. Sometimes twice. Also, good for her! She gets to be home full time and her children are young adults. My lifestyle doesn't support that kind of thing. And if you are sensing my extreme jealousy, you are not wrong. I'd love it if I could spend more time at home and have a more flexible schedule. But the fact is, I don't. And if I did, I would likely be very hard on myself if I wasn't a model housekeeper, cook and ornamental horticulturist. As it is, my busy schedule makes it so that I can slack off periodically without a whole lot of back lash. Also, if I'm honest, I have to point out that I think her current situation is not sustainable. It certainly wouldn't be for me. With such young children, the cupcakes and icecream cones just follow me around and I can only run so fast, as you well know.

Anyway, she told me that while she takes many classes and is doing her own version of weight training, she doesn't run as much as she'd like to. I offered to knock on her door when I'm doing my standard workout and I hope she'll join me from time to time. I do prefer to workout alone, but a friend is never a bad thing. There's the blessing. So let's get back at it.

1 comment:

  1. We all have to take a break sometimes, so don't feel bad about taking the weekend off. As a matter of fact, I took Friday through Sunday off to recover from over training.

    ReplyDelete