Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 25th, 2011 – 3.34 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was good. The original plan was to run on my lunch break like usual, but I spoke to Sean earlier in the day and he asked if we could go running again. Tonight worked for both of us so that became the new plan.

At 5 o’clock sharp, I was dressed out and ready to go. We rode over to his place, grabbed the dog, set our devices and we were off and racing against the sunset. We had about 40 minutes before we’d be cloaked in darkness.

I brought along my mini flashlight because I was pretty sure we’d need it. We ran the railroad track by his house again. I was still working through the weird pain that was in my foot. After a brief bout of research, I discovered that it is likely that I have strained my Anterior Tibial Tendon somehow.



This is fine, as I believe rest, ice and ibuprofen will have me good as new in no time. However at the moment it was giving me hell.

The terrain was tough on me and I was breaking in new shoes but I was determined to take it easy because I had just registered for the Compete Green European XC Challenge. It offers a 5k and a 10k at the same price. I opted for the 5k because I’ve never done a race like this before, but they start at the same time so if I get there and decide I’m up for the 10k, I may ask if I can just hop on board.

By the end of the race, my foot was hurting pretty badly and so was my right knee. Toward the end, we had lost the dog and had to back track so many times, our average pace was all jacked up, but who cares? It was all about getting a good run in with Sean and doing something good for our bodies. Besides, every time I checked our current pace, we were somewhere around 10:45. I’m good with that.

When we were at about the 2.90 mile point, the train came barreling down on the track. Sean had run off to go get the dog and it was dark as pitch (almost). It was at this very unfortunate moment that I realized, I was alone, I couldn’t hear Sean calling, I couldn’t hear Girl barking, I had no pepper spray and I didn’t even have Sean’s phone number. Great! There was nothing left to do but get a good shot of the train coming at me, so that’s what I did!

Soon, Sean saw me flashing my light, we found each other and ran back to his house.

This was the first time in quite a while that I've needed ibuprofen before bed. It was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment