Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17th, 2011 – 3.68 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was a wonderful run. A run that could restore you faith in running. Not that your faith should rest in anything other than Jesus Christ, but you know what I mean.

It started out a little rocky as far as a workout goes but beautifully as far as the spirit of the run goes, if that makes since. I ran into a neighbor that I had never met before. I won’t share her name because I haven’t asked her permission but we had a very nice chat with our dogs. She had passed our house many times and seen Sarah. She would stop and talk to Sarah, pet her and have the dogs socialize a bit. It was nice to meet her. As we spoke and walked we talked about living in the neighborhood and she showed me where she lives. I told her that anytime she passed our house and wanted to walk, to go ahead and knock and I’d be happy to walk with her. I hope she does.

For me, running has opened up many relationships and has gotten me out in my neighborhood so I can meet my wonderful neighbors. That warms my heart especially today, as we are remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chris asked me to take Sarah on my run tonight and I wasn’t thrilled about the idea but she was so excited to go, I couldn’t let her down. I upgraded my RunKeeper and one of cool new features is an audio alert at whatever interval you choose. I have it set at 5 minutes. So every 5 minutes I get an audio alert telling me how long I’ve been running, how far and the average pace. I started it and didn’t stop it when I ran into my neighbor so the first 7 minutes or so, I was at about a 45 minute pace.

Once I was on my own, I had about 3 miles to bump my average up to a respectable rate. Challenge, accepted!!!! I had to keep myself below an 11-minute pace to get back up to about a 13 minute average. Done and done!!

So I get to go to sleep feeling like a success. Whew!

This is Chris and me at home. I just think he’s cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment