Monday, January 17, 2011

January 15th, 2011 – 5.3 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was one of the most pleasant runs I’ve done in a while. I met up with some friends to run around Westlake Village Lake. I hadn’t seen Elyse (right) in years and Monica (left) is my new friend. They look beautiful here, don’t they? While I kinda look like a dude. Ah, well…. Elyse and I used to work together at a software firm in Westlake Village, now she works with Monica at a pharmaceutical manufacturer.

I worked and worshipped in Westlake Village for 10 years (many many moons ago). I always loved it there but I never took advantage of the area for open-air exercise. It was amazing! There were so many people on the street that it looked like an organized event was going on but there wasn’t. The residents of Westlake Village are just very active people and they love their town.

Will Smith, Heather Locklear, Tom Selleck and Hulk Hogan all live near the area, so that speaks to what it must cost to live out there. The city planners must have arranged it to be a location that catered to people who could afford the best and it certainly showed today.

This was not a record breaking run, it was just about spending time with friends doing something healthy. The day was beautiful and the company was wonderful. I hope we can get together to do it again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment