Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 2nd, 2010 – 1.30 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was a very short run. Tonight is election night! My polling place is about a half mile away from my house so I decided to lace up the Asics, strap on the reflective gear and do a short tempo run out there and back. I am still recovering from my last major run and doing my best to follow the doctor’s orders, but I am finding it very difficult to be ordered to rest. I think I am actually more tired than I would be if I had been getting more exercise.

Anyway, My AT and heels are still very tender and this short run let me know that I am not yet recovered but it felt *so* good to get out and run for even a little while.

I suppose I could be addicted to worse things, but I am at a point where I am willing to suffer through a little pain just to get a decent run in.

I think this is very unfair. When I was younger and taking my fitness for granted, I never had these problems. Now that I am making an effort to build a better machine, it’s breaking down on me. What?!

Ah well, I will continue to recover and take as long as I need to to do it. I knew that I should not have been out running and I did it anyway, so I have very little sympathy for myself. So I won’t complain about the pain. However, I am proud of myself for getting out there to do it and I’m proud of myself getting out there and rockin’ the vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment