Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15th, 2010 – 3.03 Mile Run

The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Another morning run! This is becoming a habit! I‘ve always wanted to be “That Lady”. You know, the one who is so committed to her workout that she is out there early in the morning, running like a maniac? Yeah, her! She looks great, her form is impeccable and nothing gives her greater joy than getting out there and pounding out 3 miles before the day gets started.

Well, now that I have been “That Lady” for a few mornings, I’ve discovered that she would rather be just about anywhere else. She would much rather be in bed right now. Getting that run in in the morning is a necessity if she wants to get it in at all. However, I gotta say, I am *so* glad I did it…. and not just cuz it’s over now.

I didn’t run at all over the weekend. I was having a dull pain in my right ankle and lower back and it didn’t let up all weekend! Chris borrowed an electric saw from a friend so we used it to cut down some trees that had taken root in our backyard. We tried to cultivate them and see if they would grow into some nice shade trees, but they were more fern than tree and seemed to just be giving the ants direct access to our attic so we decided to chop ‘em down. Doing all that work didn’t help my knees, ankles and back. So I took both days off.

By Sunday night, I knew I had to get a run in no matter what. It had been two days and I was starting to go through withdrawals. So I got up this morning, strapped on the Asics, grabbed the dog and hit the road. The moment I started my stride, there was no pain. None at all. I’ve had this experience before, where not running is more painful than running. It seems to be happening more often than not lately.

The weather was beautiful. I decided to take Sarah to the creek. I wanted to see if I could get her to run without her leash like Sean always does with Girl. I took her off for about 20 seconds. Once I saw a man with his dog, I knew the experiment was over. She was *so* bummed. I was bummed too. I was hoping to be able to get a good run in and let her do her thing. I guess I need to get up a little earlier if I want to avoid all the dog walkers.

Running the creek is a good run because it’s an out-and-back run as opposed to a loop. So if I get to a point where I need to get back so I can make it to work on time, I can just turn around when half my allotted time is up.

It was a great run. I got home and woke up the house so we could get our day started. It’s always nice to get it in before work.

Some more happy news: I was able to add more beads to my charm bracelet! You may recall that I was working on filling up a charm bracelet with beads to commemorate the races I’ve done. So here it is!

End bead: L.A. Cancer Challenge – 5k
Clover: Run Thru the Orchard, benefitting Open Air – 5k
Green: Gator Run, benefitting the Troops – 5k
Shoe: Wounded Warrior Half Marathon
Pink Daisy: Strides for SIDS – 5k
Red Hearts: Love Run, benefitting Sr. Concerns – 10k
Cloudy W: WipeOut! – I just thought that craziness deserved a charm.
Wooden Bead: Lions Club Run – 5k
Blue Flower: The Great Race of Agoura – 5k
Sunglasses: The Rock’n’Roll Half Marathon
Red w/Crystals: Say No to Drugs Run – 10k
End Bead: Love Run, benefitting Meals on Wheels – 5k

I have several more to buy to fill in the rest, but it just warms my heart to see all these beads and baubles dangling on my wrist. They remind me of something I’m really proud of and I hope when my little girl is older and I pass it on to her, she will appreciate it as much as I do and be proud of her ole Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment