Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st, 2010 – Tried It. Loved It!



I still have about 5 days of rest if I want to follow the doctor’s orders. So I have been keeping myself busy with some homemaking projects. Yesterday I ironed all the laundry so my son doesn’t go to school looking like he’s covered in wrapping paper the day after Christmas. Tonight, I tried a recipe that I heard about on TV. If you know anything about me, you know that I *love* dessert, I love to bake and I have absolutely no use for a boxed cake mix. However, this recipe intrigued me, so I gave it a try. For the record, I still believe that baking from scratch is the superior method, but this one rocks pretty hard.

Apparently, the Hungry Girl has a new cookbook coming out called something like “Hot Couples”. It’s a book of recipes that are super easy and only have 2 ingredients. There is a recipe where you take a boxed cake mix and add a can of diet soda.That's it. Nothing else. I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake and Diet Cream Soda. I just mixed it up, poured it in a Pyrex dish and baked it for 33 minutes. That was it! The kids licked the bowl and were none the wiser.




It didn’t rise the way it normally would, but it was nice and golden.





I let it cool and put a store-bought icing over it. It was light and moist and yum yum good. It cuts the the fat and calories by a ton and really, no one will know the difference. It works out to be 171 calories per serving. That’s only one mile! You can enjoy treats at Christmas time and not even worry about it.





I thought this was great, so I wanted to share. You can experiment with the flavors and come up with something that you and your family will love. Here is the video that was on TV.




No comments:

Post a Comment