Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20th, 2010 – 3.64 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Today’s run was interesting. I feel like I have been really pulling off the running and I really need to keep it up because even though I have a serious lack of desire these days, it makes me happier than any other type of exercise. Really…. It actually makes me happy. Causes temporary bouts of happiness and when I am being short with my kids or dear sweet Chris, a run gets me right back on track and I’m back to my normal, pleasant, upbeat, amorous self.

It took about a half mile for my body to remember what it was supposed to do. After that, everything evened out and it started to feel good. Then it started to rain!!!

Do you turn around and head back home when it starts to rain?! HEAVENS no!!!! Running in the rain ROCKS!!! You start to feel like a hard-core bad-ass when you run in the rain! It was great! After a short time, the water starts to weigh down the running pants and the arm warmers, but it’s all good.

I didn’t get the 10 mile run I wanted to do, but I knew I wouldn’t. I would have certainly hurt myself if I had. Even 6 would have been too much. I have been having some trouble getting back to where I was since I injured myself. But I am working my way back to it. The change in the weather might be an issue. Can’t wait to get back to my old self.

1 comment:

  1. I love this "Running in the rain ROCKS!!! You start to feel like a hard-core bad-ass when you run in the rain! It was great"

    GOod job! I had planned for 11 miles this Sunday but only managed 7. I felt like a loser but, gee, I lacked desire and fuel that morning. :)
    We'll bounce back!

    ReplyDelete