Friday, November 12, 2010

November 12th, 2010 – 3.12 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This morning’s run (Yes, another morning run!) was also just OK. I didn’t enjoy it as much as I usually do. The weather was great! Fall in California is a beautiful thing. We don’t get all the colors, but the hills are beautiful and usually recovering from whatever brush fire ravaged the area in the summer.

I did a little hill work today and it would have been nice to just run a flat course and enjoy it. Having to work for it is kind of a drag. But I was determined not to log any junk miles this time.

Mile one was pretty good. It was flat and easy. I happened to take the morning off because the lady who looks after Jayda took the day off so Chris and I split the day. So I wanted to get a run in before he and Jordan were off to school and work. It was nice to see all the poor schmucks who were stressed out about getting to work on time. Knowing that I was a schmuck just yesterday and would be again on Monday did not diminish my joy of being off this morning one jot!

At the beginning of mile 2, the climbing started. I wanted to take it with as much speed as I could muster but the hill bested me almost immediately. I need to get more hill work under my belt for sure.

I got to the half way mark, turned around and ran the rest of the way. It was refreshing and I was able to handle it without aggravating any old injuries. It was a good honest workout and I'm glad I got it done. I'm calling it a win.


In other news, a friend of mine asked me to join her at the Thousand Oaks Turkey Day Dash on Thanksgiving morning. Well, you just can't beat that, so I'll be running a quick race before I pop my bread pudding in the oven!

1 comment:

  1. Hill workouts are tough! Way to go to tackle that instead of just picking an easier route. :)

    ReplyDelete