Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 5th, 2010 – 4 Mile Run & 3.86 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Today’s run was FANTASIC!!!! Fantastic in every way. It’s a holiday Monday and my brother came for a visit. He is one of my heroes and an ex-Marine (if there really is such a thing). We went to a local trail to do a 3 mile run with a half mile warm down. It was so so so so much fun!!!!!

We had such a great time! He called out several Marine Corps Cadences. Since I knew a few, I called a few too. They were funny and highly effective. Hanging with him is always a good time.

The first mile was OK considering I usually really hate mile one. We talked and laughed. He is *much* better than me and it’s always nice to train with someone who’s better than you. He was a good sport though and stayed with me.

I wouldn’t call it a hilly workout, but it was much hillier than I’m used to doing and I was really feeling it when we hit the 2.5 mile mark. I didn’t think I was going to make it, but he pulled me through.

We hit the mile 3 mark and started back. There was about a half mile trek back to the car. That part was great. It was just a brisk walk.

The weather was perfect for a run and the softer terrain was much easier on these old bones. This run was a HUGE blessing and it was so great to share it with my brother.

He left town after a quick trip to Jamba Juice and a snap shot. When I got back home I took the dog for another half mile walk. That was just to get my Nike sensor to activate. It still didn't work. I don't know what to do with that thing!

Oh, yeah! I forgot to post a 3.86 mile run on the 1st. That run was a draaaag! Another one that made me wonder why I do this. Why am I beating up my body to do something I hate? Today’s run made up for all of that. Can’t wait to get back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment