Friday, July 16, 2010

July 14th, 2010 – 3.5 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was really nice. I felt like it had been awhile since I’d had a workout. It’d been 5 days since I ran the streets of Camarillo. This was an unexpectedly nice run. The day was so excruciatingly hot that I didn’t think I could run without getting dangerously overheated. However, the evening cooled off beautifully. While I couldn’t do the full 6 mile workout I wanted to do, I figured I could do a quick 3.5 mile sprint before I lost all my daylight.

Mile one was ok. I was happy with that, as I usually really don’t like mile one. Sarah was behaving reasonably well and she was ridiculously happy to be out with me.

Mile two was even better. I picked up the pace a little and it was feeling pretty good. I shaved a few seconds off my time in mile two. However, by the end of mile 2, I started to feel like my left foot plant is really off for some reason. Hmm…. That might mean trouble.

Mile three is also really good and I was able to shave another few seconds off my time. It felt pretty good. While doing the home stretch, I picked up the pace a little more even though my foot fall is starting to put a sting in my left hip. I absolutely expect some sciatic issues in the morning.

On the up side, I the last half mile was my fastest pace yet. I was able to shave almost a full minute off of my mile one time. A very successful run.

Isn’t my little lady a cutie pie?!

No comments:

Post a Comment