Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 8th, 2010 – 1.5 Mile Run

The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.” This run was very pleasant. Jordan had another swim lesson at the Community Park. I sat through most of them and marveled at how athletic and beautiful he is. But tonight was his last lesson and I wanted to run the park while he was in class. I could have burst into flame during his class and he wouldn’t even notice until he needed a ride home, so I felt pretty confident that I could leave him there without worrying about a meltdown of any kind. So I let him know that I was going to run the park while he was in class and told him I would have my cell phone if he needed to reach me for any reason. By the time I got over my own separation anxiety issues, I only had 20 minutes to run around the lake. It was a nice, easy run and I really enjoyed it. I only got in about a mile and a half, but it was good music and a very pleasant workout. Not sure when I’ll get to do it again, but I hope I will before the summer gets too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment