Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 9th, 2010 – 5.5 Mile Run

The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.” Tonight’s run was a tremendous blessing. I took the kids to go see their grandparents and see with their cousin who was visiting from the East Coast. I knew there would be all kinds of mayhem and frivolity for them and the grandparents, so I thought I could take the opportunity to run the beautiful streets of Camarillo. The weather was perfect and I brought Sarah. The plan was to get at least 6 miles in, so I would have to map it carefully. After a brief consultation with the mother-in-law, I decided on a nice, gently rolling route and set out. I didn’t get my full six miles, but it was a great run. Mile 1 was not the misery it usually is because I had the splendor of a new route to keep me distracted. Sarah and I were in a zone. We barely noticed when mile 2 came and went. At about mile 3 , I pass the high school and start to head back home. Now comes the steepest incline of the run. I was feeling pretty good until a gentleman twice my age flew passed me like I was standing still. Ah well, I knew I was going to take it easy and by the end of the run I was feeling good and could feel no trouble-spots sneaking up to impede my sleep. I got back to the house and the kids were playing and having fun. Each one had had their own little melt down for one reason or another. Jordan leaned into a rose bush and got stuck by thorns, Jayda threw a ball at his head for some reason and Logan didn’t want to go to bed. This is my life and it’s a good one. I felt great and my bones and joints weren’t screaming at me, so I’m calling it good. Go Scorpions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment