Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 24th, 2010 – 3.71 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

From the very beginning of this run, I was having stress in my AT. I knew this was going to be a bad run from the beginning, but I was so glad to finally be out! Chris left town and won’t be back until Tuesday. So I’ve been with the kids all by myself for days now. I love ‘em, but I really needed to get a run in! My in-laws came over to see the kids, so I took the opportunity to get in a quick 3 mile sprint.

This was by no means a sprint. After the 1.25 mile mark, I actually stopped and walked for a little bit. My AT was killing me. Maybe I should have stopped but that’s just crazy talk. I need to find a dirt trail to run when I’m dealing with knee or AT issues.

Mile 2 was getting better, so I picked up the pace and started an easy jog. The rest of the run was quite good. The sun was setting but it wasn’t quite dark yet. The weather was absolute perfection.

Getting out was so wonderful that it didn’t really matter that it wasn’t a great workout. I’ll have to get out there again as soon as possible to redeem this run. Hopefully, I’ll be able to find that trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment