Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 28th, 2011 – 3.08 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This run was pretty rough. I ran on my lunch break again. For some reason this route is always really hard for me. It’s an out and back route and it’s relatively flat, although there is a slight incline on the return trip.

There is a lot of traffic on the street and many big rigs, so the air quality is pretty poor. I suppose that can have something to do with it, but I don’t know.

After the first mile or so, I got to run the creek. I always like running creeks. You get the muscle recall exercise of running on dirt without having to go to the edge of town and the footing is usually surer than a normal trail run.

I am running the Compete Green European XC Challenge this weekend. There is a 5k and 10k option for the same price. I am registered for the 5k but if I get there and feel like I’m up to the 10k, I’ll go ahead and do it. The fees are the same and they start at the same time.

I’ve never done a XC race before. This one is supposed to be flat but it is on a marshy trail with obstacles and whatnot. “Natural and man-made” is how the obstacles are described on the course description.

I’m looking forward to it! Let us hope that’s a better run than this one. Fortunately, it was a beautiful day and a bad workout is 10 times better than no workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment