Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 2nd, 2011 – 2.77 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Today’s run was good. The easiest and the hardest run I’ve ever done. I ran speed intervals on a hill. I ran 30 second sprints with a full 2 minutes of recovery, which was way too much. I knew it was too much, but I did it anyway. So this was a wimpy run but I enjoyed it.

The first mile was miserable because I’d never done speed intervals before, but the rest wasn’t bad. In the past, whenever I focused on speed, it sucked all the joy out for the process.

And what is the point of doing it if it doesn’t bring joy? I’m not getting paid. I’m not in the elite league. When I register for a race, I’m not gonna be the one tearing the tape. If there’s no joy then there is no point. Beating myself up on the pavement is almost completely useless. My only goal at any race is to finish faster than I did last time.

While focusing on speed is a drag, focusing on kicking your own arse is glorious. That’s what this run was all about and I that’s what I did. It wasn’t much. It wasn’t great. But it rocked! Cuz it’s all about joy.

This is me hanging with my daughter, which brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment