Monday, February 28, 2011

February 27th, 2011 – 3.70 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This run was all joy. I ran it with Jordan. There was quite a bit of hill work but I couldn’t feel it. I was running with my Boy!!! It had been a pretty rough week for him at school and he had spent the whole weekend grounded. This was not a disciplinary run, though. It was all fun.

I needed to get a run in. I was desperate for it, really. It had been three days since my last run. I can skip a day with no trouble. I prefer not to skip two. By the third day, I’m starting to get really uncomfortable. I’m not sure if it’s the lack of motion that my body craves or the just the remorse I feel. Like I’m cheating on myself.

Whatever the reason, I really felt like I had to get out today. I told Jordan that if he ran it with me, I would take him to the Sweet Factory during the run. There were several stops and walk breaks so my pace was all screwed up, but it was a respectable distance.

Next month, I really need to start working on the full 10k distance and trying to get some decent speed worked up. I have never run a 10k without walking every 4 minutes. The goal is to do it 9 and 1 or to run the whole route.

The biggest issue that I have with that idea is that I never seem to really improve my time when I run the whole route and I tend to exhaust myself so that I need 2 days to really recover. I mean, a two-day recovery would be fine if I were knocking 5 or 10 minutes off my time, but when I’m not, what’s the use?

Aw, well… That trouble is for another time. We’ll talk about that later. Today is all about a glorious day, with a giant bag of Jelly Bellies and some bonding time with my favorite little man.

Love you, BIG Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment