Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rest Days


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

It has been 5 days since the race and I am at the end of my scheduled 5-day rest period. Lloyd told me that a good rule of thumb is to rest one day for every mile I ran in the race to recover from all the dumb things I might have done on race day. Things I wouldn’t otherwise do.

Aside from running 13 miles, there weren’t any really overly taxing things I’d done. I took the entire run very easily, or as easily as you could take 13 miles. So I can’t justify a 13-day rest period.

I have been nursing sore knees, heels and ankles. All else seemed to be back to normal by the end of last weekend. Extended days of rest don’t agree with me. I haven’t been restless and I have been sleeping *so* well but I have been extremely grumpy. Even Chris has been asking me if it’s time for me to catch a quick run. Usually, he doesn’t want me to go.

A Bit of Random News: A few months ago, I submitted an online application for the show “WipeOut”. I heard it was really hard to get on the show and thousands of people apply. After a few weeks, I forgot about it. Yesterday, I got the call from the casting director asking to set up an interview. I gotta say, I’m pretty freaked out by the whole thing. Winning $50,000 would make a lotta things OK around our house, but making a fool of myself in front of the entire country does not sound at all appealing.

It’s pretty exciting. No denying that. I will think it over on my run tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I get irritable if I take too many days off. I've never seen that show, but I'll watch if you're on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt good to get back out there after so many days.

    I may not get on the show, the interview about a 1000 people. I won't be broken-hearted if I don't. That obstacle course is insane!!! If I do, I'd love it if you'd watch. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete