Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 9th, 2010 – 2 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s was another 2 mile run. It was another Taekwondo night. I intended to run to the studio from the BGC which would have made it a respectable 4 mile run, watch Jordan practice, then run another 2 miles to get home. But Jordan didn’t end up going to the Club today. Instead he went to a neighbor’s house after school and Chris took the day off. So I had to go get Jordan, then go home to get Chris so he could take the kids to class and I ran to the studio from home.

I showed up at class sweaty but very happy because I kept up a 10-minute mile pace for the entire run. I usually stick with a 12-minute mile pace when I’m running my normal 3.65 mile course.

There may be some merit to the shorter workout, just to work on speed.

I should have run back home after class, but Jayda hurt herself at school today and she seemed to want to keep me close.

*sigh*

There will be other days to run, but these days where my kids want me close to comfort them are fleeting and will be over far too soon. So I chose to kiss owies and cuddle my kids while we watched Disney Princess movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment