Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 7th, 2010 - Two Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

I know! Why bother, right? Well, the boy had his first Taekwondo class tonight and it started right after work. We’re down to one car again, so we all got to be there. It was an exercise in frustration, but at least it was not frustrating for me this time. Martial Arts instructors know that more often than not, parents enroll their children because said children are in desperate need of more discipline and my little dude is no different. He had been asking for Taekwondo classes for months and we finally got him set up.

I had changed into my running clothes before Chris and I left the office to go pick up the kids. After class was over, I loaded up the car, kissed Chris and the kids and told them that I’d see ‘em when I got home. They left me there and I ran home. The studio was only 2 miles from home.

So there you are… Hardly worth lacing up my shoes, but as I’ve heard over and over again: A bad workout is better than no workout.

Next time, I’ll have Chris leave me at the BGC. I’ll run to the studio, watch the lesson, then run home.

I hope Jordan enjoys the course…. He was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment