Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25th, 2010 – 3.86 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This morning’s run (Yes! I woke up early and decided to go for run!) was good in many ways. I took Sarah and I kept her leash locked the entire time. It was a cool and misty morning and was a very comfortable run. Sarah seemed to be on a mission and she was pulling me forward the whole time, so I finished it in record time, which was great. I knew I was running against the clock because I still had to get home, shower, get the family ready and get to work on time.

I really think it would have been better if I hadn’t taken Sarah. It’s getting more and more difficult to focus on form and technique when I’m with her, but she’s good if I just want to beat my body up, pound the pavement and set new PRs.

I finished the whole 4 mile course in 38 minutes. It was a very pleasant run. I’m not sure what moved me to wake up earlier and actually lace up the Asics, but I’m glad I did.

I am fairly certain I will be in pain for the morning because I ran pretty hard. Looks like breakfast will be a homemade blueberry whole wheat muffin with an Ibuprofen chaser.

Feelin’ good!

No comments:

Post a Comment