Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 14th, 2010 – 3.86 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

I beat myself up pretty well last night. I didn’t realize it at the time, but at about 3:00am this morning, my knees were screaming at me. The messages in my brain were telling me that I was hungry, but I thought I’d have some water because I read somewhere that people often over eat because they mistake thirst for hunger. Turns out, the water was enough to get me back to sleep. It was either the water or the 600mg of Ibuprofen.

An interesting discovery is that I always assumed this route was about 3.65 miles because I had always tracked it with my clip-on pedometer. However, when I mapped the route on www.mapmyrun.com, it turns out that the run is almost a quarter of a mile longer. Much closer to 4 miles. So that changes many things. I thought I ran a pretty consistent 12 minute mile. Turns out it’s closer to an 11 minute mile and my 5k time is closer to 31 minutes, as opposed to the previously calculated 34 minutes.

That felt fantastic for about 40 seconds. Then they became the new numbers to beat.

No issues with water to heat last night. That alone made it a more successful workout than Sunday's run. I set out at about 7:30p. There was still plenty of light left in the day and the heat of the day was well passed.

I will enjoy my rest today and get back at it on tomorrow.



I have been thinking about my overall fitness lately. I promised myself earlier this year that I wouldn’t worry about my weight anymore, I would just train for whatever run I’m doing and make healthy eating choices. That was fine until my husband took a pic of my bum.

This has created a whole new number to beat. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding the followers wedgit. I'm following as I said I would. Run Run Run and when you get the chance, check out my blog and perhaps follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit. I used to enjoy running but not competively. Then these old legs started saying "no way." So I try to walk about 4 miles a day.
    Just hang in there. I love to hear the mixture of running and prayer.

    ReplyDelete