Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 29th, 2010 - No Turning Back Now!!!


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

I registered for the race! I've paid the fee, so there is no way I'm going to turn back now! Now I *have* to do it and I *have* to finish it.

If I'm being honest with myself, I have to admit that June has not been a good month for fitness. I've run only 37 miles this month and that is a marked difference from last month. I know that I want to taper before the race, but this is ridiculous!

My kids are getting to be more active this summer so making time for a workout has become more challenging, but that's no excuse. I've got to make time because I can't let (Who? How do I complete this statement? The only one who cares whether I compete or not is me. Myself, maybe?) down.

I'm at the point of no return. The course time limit is 4 hours and I think I can finish it in under 3. Since this is my first Half Marathon, the goal I have is to cross the Finish Line in a standing position. Anything the clock says at the end of it will be a PR.... And at the end of it, I will be able to call myself "A Runner".

These butterflies in my stomach must mean I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment