Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 7, 2010 – 3.1 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

It’s Friday and we left the office early today because of a power outage. We don’t really get weather here in Southern California, so the Government has stepped up and implemented the occasional Rolling Blackout so we can feel like the rest of the world from time to time.

This presented me with an opportunity to run home real quick and get some alone time with the husband. So we get home and immediately go to separate rooms. He turned to his computer and I ran right for the TV. The room was a mess and I wanted to get it picked up while I had a few minutes before we needed to go pick up the kids.

After about 15 minutes, I thought I’d get dressed for a run and have Chris leave me at the BGC when we went to go pick up the boy and I would just run home. That’s about a 3 mile run. It would be a great way to kick off the weekend and it wouldn’t be so overwhelming that I would have to nurse any sore knees or ankles.

So I get dressed, strap on the iPod and heart rate monitor, load up the dog and head out with Chris to go pick up the kids. It’s always a treat for them to get picked up from school and find the dog in the car. It’s just another element of the chaos that is our life.

So I start out and mile one comes and goes with absurd ease. This is going to be a smooth run. I’m not trying to reach a new Personal Record, not trying to save the world. I just want to have a nice relaxing run so I can have a nice evening.

Sarah has a completely different agenda and she is obviously trying to break some kinda super dog record because she is pulling on her leash and pressing me to move forward…. Faster! Well, I don’t want to disappoint her. Even though I know that sore and possibly injured is not how I want to spend Mother’s Day weekend, I’m not about to allow myself to be outdone by my dog, so I pick up the pace!

Needless to say, I am sitting on my floor, sweaty and exhausted in the Child’s Pose position with frozen corn on my right Achilles Tendon…. With a new PR for the 3 mile course.

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment