Monday, May 31, 2010

May 28th, 2010 – 2.5 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was a bitter disappointment…. And I had such high hopes! I spoke to my brother earlier today to ask him about the little diddy he did while we were running the hills in Los Osos last Thanksgiving. He told me that that “little diddy” was called The Marine Corps Cadence. Oops! Well, I knew it was something like that but I didn’t know what it was called. We ran 4.88 miles that day and the hills were cruel and punishing. At around mile 3 I had hit the wall 3 or 4 times already. Then he told me about PT (that’s Physical Training to you civilians) that he did in the Corps and how the cadence really helps. So he started with it and it really did help! Almost got another 2 miles outta me.

I looked up “Marine Corps Cadence” on iTunes and I found a few. I listened to several clips and decided to purchase an album. So I was psyched (can 30-something mothers of two say “psyched”?) to get to my run tonight. I was going to be pumped up in time for Memorial Day and I’d be doin’ it Marine Corps style. Semper Fi, right?! Wrong!!!!

I loaded up the iPod and headed out, ready to just do a short run because I had a 10 mile run scheduled for the next day.

Everything was beautiful. The cadence had me going and I was able to keep my stride and hang in there. When I got to the end of mile one, my iPod just crapped out on me for some reason. When I stopped to look at it to see if I could just switch to another playlist, I discovered that all my data had been wiped!!! WTH!

I tried to keep at it but I got to the 1.25 mile point and didn’t have the heart to keep going. So I turned around and came home. This run was very disappointing, but there must be some reason I wasn’t supposed to do anymore. Ah, well.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment