Monday, March 21, 2011

March 18th, 2011 – 3.77 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was a good run. It was so cold and windy all day that I had decided to skip the workout all together. Chris took me to In-N-Out Burger to celebrate my temporary lapse in judgment. I ate heartily.

Soon after, I changed my mind and thought I should go ahead and do the run. We were expecting a storm and heavy rains the next day so it was likely that I wouldn’t be able to get the 13-mile run I wanted to do.

So I changed my clothes as soon as I got home from picking up the kids and set out.

The cheese burger with grilled onions were making their presence known. The first mile was really rough. That’ll teach me to eat junk before a run. Ugh!

You may recall that my headphones crapped out on me during my last run. I told Chris and he was all sympathy. When he ran over to Target, he asked me what kind I wanted. I asked for the type that looked like ear buds with hooks. Something that was made for runners.

I didn’t think regular ear buds would stay in well during a run and I was very aware that the spongy earpiece covers were constantly saturated with sweat with my last pair. Um…. Ew!

These are what he came up with: They are Philips 28 Sports Ear Hooks in pink! They go for about $20 at Target.

You gotta love a man who is secure enough to walk up to the register at Target with a bag of mid-sized dog food and a pair of pink athletic ear buds! I love that guy!!!

My initial assessment is that they are compact, comfortable and very cute. They didn’t go on very well though. Strangely, the right ear hook went on without a hitch. I couldn’t get the left one to stay on at all. Finally, I tucked it under my head band to keep it in place and I was off! That worked out well but I was sure these were a dud and I’d have to purchase another pair.

After the run was over, I discovered that the little pink strips make the hooks adjustable. After that, they were great. I’ll try them again on my next run and I expect they’ll do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment