Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 25, 2010 – 3.70 Mile Run



The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Tonight’s run was really nice. I’d read my last few blog entries and noticed that they were all kind of a downer. The last half decent run I had was the 10-miler on the 10th. The common denominator, other than myself, was that I’d been working on speed. Pushing myself to gain more speed was stealing my joy, my comfort and my sleep. This time I was determined to take it as slowly as I wanted and just reacquaint myself with the love of running. And I must say, it was *so* worth it.

I didn’t stop my RunKeeper the whole time, so every stop at every traffic light and crosswalk was recorded. My time was atrocious, but I didn’t care. I was just happy to be out there and determined spare my body.


The first mile was as usual: Ugh! I couldn’t get my footfall right. Every time I planted it, my AT was screaming at me. This was a problem. What if I can never run without pain again?! While I was adjusting my stride and considering new shoes or inserts, I realized I was approaching mile 2. The pain had subsided and I was feeling good.

Mile 2 was really good. I was making no efforts to increase my speed. I was just making an effort to keep my chest up, my shoulders down and tucking in my rather fantastic, albeit substantial bum.

I lost my daylight somewhere in mile 2. By mile 3, I was thinking I should have worn more reflective gear and brought Sarah. Next time.

When I got back home, I felt *great* the kids seemed a little cuter and Chris, well…. Chris always looks good. I had no pain. No discomfort. I decided to skip the pain medication and ice. That might have been a bad idea, but I just really didn’t feel like I needed it. I drank about 20 oz of water and had small bowl of cereal.



What a great way to start the school year!!! I read the next chapter of my new Bible Study and I slept like a rock! It was awesome!!! Got to work the next day and received my quarterly bonus, so after paying bills and tithes and transferring money to savings, I allowed us and extra $50 in our Allowance Accounts.

If you had an extra $50 to spend on gear, what would you get?!

No comments:

Post a Comment