Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010 – 3.23 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”


Tonight’s run was very good. I had Chris leave me at Tae Kwon Do class so I could run home. I took the long way, but it was still a relatively short run. I was very much OK with that. I wanted to make sure I got out there without hurting myself.

This run was a little bit faster than yesterday’s run. There were far too many stops along the way with all the lights and whatnot. Then toward the end, I ran into my neighbor and stopped to talk for about 5 minutes without stopping my GPS, so my time was all shot. Then Chris passed by me in the car with Jayda, on his way to pick up Jordan from class. I was in the car for a good 45 seconds before I stopped my GPS.

This run was pleasant all the way around. I didn’t push myself very hard. The weather was typical SoCal perfection. Sarah was good for most of the run. I didn’t have any serious AT, knee, lower back or hip issues.

The only noteworthy event was when Sarah tried to bolt across a busy street to chase after another dog. I instinctively grabbed her leash and pulled. It just zipped longer and longer until it hit its end. I should have just used the button to lock it. The rope burned my finger. I wish that hadn’t happened.

Other than that, it was a great run. Right down to interruptions by Chris and the neighbor. It was a blessing all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment