Monday, February 20, 2012

February 18th thru February 20th, 2012 – 14.32 Miles Total


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

These runs were great.

February 18th – 10+ Mile Run

This one was somewhere around 10 miles. My RunKeeper freaked out on me so I don’t know exactly how long it was, but I knew for sure that it wasn’t the 15.10 miles that it posted. After I went online and deleted all of the superfluous points, it came out to 13.85. Awesome, but couldn’t be right. So I mapped it on MapMyRun. Turned out it was closer to 10.

Ah, well. Kind of a bummer, but 10 miles is nothing to sneeze at. Besides, it was challenging because it was hilly. I was especially happy with it because I finished it pretty strong and I was at church the next morning a little stiff but not an ache in sight. SCORE!!

February 20th – 1.13 & 3.19 Mile Runs
These were also great runs.

The first run was a set of sprint intervals that I was able to do while I was taking the morning off with the kids for President’s Day. I asked them to just let me get one mile in. They said “OK” and were true to their word. Right at the one mile mark, they came in claiming they were hungry. I could have sworn I’d just fed them. But when your babies tell you they’re hungry, you gotta feed ‘em.

Chris took the “second shift” and I went into the office to get some reporting done.

The awesome thing about him doing the “Daddy Day Care” thing is that he took care of dinner while I got another run in. This was pretty steady, with some speed intervals worked in. Felt great. Double SCORE!!!



I met with Miss Claudia again last week and she is AMAZING!!! She is a serious runner. She runs 10 miles every morning. We sat and talked about her marathon experience and I was just riveted listening to her talk about it.

While she is *far* better then I will ever be, she did have her own challenges and she was inspiring to listen to. She reminded me that my relationship with running is gonna be my own individual journey. While I would love to be one of those “naturals” like her or my good friend Lloyd or Coach Dion, my experience is valid and blessings will come whether I place in my age group or PR next month or not.

So this is a picture of a completely satisfied woman. I will continue to work on speed and distance. But the most important thing is that I just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment