Monday, November 28, 2011

November 16th thru 26th – 19.42 Miles Total


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

It has been pretty crazy lately and I am still working with a new schedule. I need to be more focused about it, really. It seems that my attitude of “Just make sure you keep running” is not settling well in my anal retentive mind, which needs rules and order.

There is no rhyme or reason to my schedule lately, it’s just: Get it in where ever you can and don’t hurt yourself!

Within all of that, there was Thanksgiving. The whole fam rented a large house on the coast and that’s where we spent the weekend. Here is a pic of us right before we were headed back home. It was a great time. So nice to have all the little ones together. I love it when we all wake up together in the same house and it’s nice to have so much support, so whenever I wanted to go out for a run, I didn’t have to worry about who would watch the kids.

I was able to get two good runs in while we were away. They were easy runs but quite hilly. The weather was perfect on the coast and the rain that threatened never came. It was great. However, they were short runs. While I was able to get two good runs in, I still had to be sure not to exhaust myself because I couldn’t completely check out.

So much good company and so much good food!

A FaceBook friend suggested I try Zico brand Coconut water when I mentioned I had a pretty bad cramp in my foot after a run. He said it was high in potassium and promoted rapid hydration. It can be had at Target and of course, online.



I tried the pineapple flavor as well as the mango. Neither were great but the mango was better. I used them as a recovery drink and they seemed to be really good for that. Not a cramp in site. Relatively low calorie and I could taste the sodium. I ordered a case of the Passion Fruit on Amazon. It shipped today. Looking forward to getting it.

On the 15th, I received a copy of “Triathlon Training in Four Weeks” in the mail! I was the winner of a drawing on “Sole Sisters”. YIPPEE!!!



Because I honestly believe that the ocean is alive and trying to kill you, “Doing a Triathlon” hasn’t made it on my Bucket List, but I’ve never won an online give-away so I was thrilled to pieces over that!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not feeding the stereotype that Black (wo)Men Don’t Swim, I’m a fairly strong swimmer. I can swim a mile in 30 minutes, which is reasonably competitive but the ocean is a scary place, Man! You won’t catch me in there trying to swim a mile away from shore! That’s just crazy talk! If I can find a Tri that’s in a pool, I’ll sign up!

On the 18th, I had the honor and privilege of taking Lloyd out to lunch for his birthday! That was cool. He’s my running mentor. He’s amazing and one of the very few people with whom I can geek out about running for an hour and be eager for more. Good guy. Great guy!


That is pretty much all that’s been going on lately. Busy busy busy but extremely satisfying.

Now, on to the run!
November 16th – 3.04 Mile Run
November 19th – 5.82 Mile Run
November 21st - 3.93 Mile Run
November 24th – 3.29 Mile Run – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
November 26th – 3.34 Mile Run

1 comment:

  1. How about looking for a tri that swims in a dam? I don't swim in the sea any more because the sharks have been eating people over the last couple of years!!!

    ReplyDelete