Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 17th, 2011 – 3.58 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was a good run. Just a maintenance run to get the miles in. It had been over a week since my last run. I kept letting life get in the way.

I added a little distance to my regular route. Just took a slightly different way and it really showed. I had gotten so used to my regular route that the first mile didn’t even faze me. With this slightly different route, the first mile was HORRIBLE!!!! Like it was when I first started running.

However, I did notice that I was able to transition in Zen running a *lot* sooner. You know that glorious phase, where your body …. Goes? It’s almost thoughtless because your brain leaves everything else behind and there is just the here and and the now and the run and nothing exists after your last footstep until you take another one. It's just breathing and heartbeats and breathing and heartbeats...

You would think that the regular route would do that because it’s so similar that you should be able to disengage from outside distractions because you know what’s coming but this was a great reminder that it is always good to mix it up a bit.

I thoroughly enjoyed this run.

When I got back home, Jayda immediately told me that she had fallen down. I asked her if she was OK. She said she was. So I asked her if she wanted a frozen sponge. She said she did, so we iced down together on the dog’s filthy rug.

Running’s awesome. Family is awesome.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment