Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May 31st thru June 7th – 20.73 Miles Total

The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

I am logging 5 activities with this entry. I have fallen behind on my blogging and I want to bring myself up to date.



May 31st, 2011 – 4.83 Mile Run
This run was a labor of love. I really didn’t want to do it. I had done a 5.51 mile run two days before and I really could have talked myself into skipping it.

As usual, I was glad I went through with it. This was a hilly workout out. I took it very easily because I have been having some AT issues.

When I got home, I sat on the floor and stretched, which is one of my least favorite things to do. But you gotta do it. It’s much more pleasant if you can distract yourself with a good article!




June 1st, 2011 – 3.15 Mile Run
If I’m being honest with myself, here was another run I really didn’t want to do. But it’s the first day of the month. And I can always hear my step-mother telling me “The way you start somethin’ is the way it’s gonna be!”

So that means: No matter what and no matter how far, if you want to have a decent month, you get your butt up and get that run in on the first day of the month!!! Runners can be as superstitious as boxers and baseball players.

Being a woman of Faith, I don’t claim to believe in superstition, but one bad experience with ShotBloks made me a lifelong Sports Beans fan; I never fail to pray during a run; My run is always “off” if I forget to wear a sweatband on my right wrist; I never feel completely safe without my pepper spray and I *ALWAYS* try to get a run in on the first day of the month!!

I took Jordan with me this time and did the trail I did with Lloyd a few days earlier. I let Jordan set the pace so it was pretty slow but that was OK with me because I was still a little fatigued from my last two runs.

It was a beautiful day and we saw enough bunnies to make it worthwhile. A very pleasant way to start the month with my boy!



June 5th, 2011 – 1.62 Mile Run
My brother and I drove up to Visalia to be at my Dad’s Retirement Dinner! It was such a great time. We presented him with a pocket watch and we both gave speeches. It was like old times. We laughed and enjoyed our time together.

We rented a room and got up the next morning for a brief run. Runs with my bro are always brief because he’s like chocolate lightning! He is so fast! I can’t keep up with the guy! He’s amazes me. He’s good without even trying.



June 6th, 2011 – 5.86 Mile Run
Now I have to really start focusing on adding distance to my runs. I have to be ready for a half marathon in 12 days.

I decided to combine two of my routes. I was hoping for an even 6 but I was just shy. This run had some hill work but it wasn’t too bad.

I am still having some AT issues after mile 5. I’m starting to get concerned about it. I’m not sure if it’s form, overtraining or my new shoes. The pain goes away almost immediately and with a few seconds of stretching the next morning is completely gone. It doesn’t impede my wearing dress shoes and going barefoot doesn’t seem to exacerbate it. I am considering trying my old Asics just to see if I can isolate the problem to the new shoes.

That would be a tragedy, as they are the most expensive running shoes I’ve ever owned, but it would confirm quite few articles I’ve read about fancy running shoes. *sigh*

But here’s a new piece of equipment that gets full marks!!!! I got to try out my new handheld fuel belt. It’s a 10oz bottle, which makes it great for short runs. The hot pink strap makes it just perfect for me. So far, I am loving this little guy!



June 7th, 2011 – 5.27 Mile Run
This was another attempt at getting some mileage in. I mapped this route and the entire loop is 10 miles. I decided to run the first 2.6 or so miles and head back home because I knew I would lose my daylight. Once I hit the 2 mile mark, it got pretty hilly. I was excited to do about a half mile of hills, then head back down. It's a good start.

This run was OK. I started to feel that familiar twinge in my right AT right at about mile 5. I stretched it out at a traffic light but it’s really starting to worry me.

Another product Review! Here are my new running glasses! I never realized that eyewear mattered. My regular shades always fogged up before I even reached the one mile mark. I figured all glasses did this but apparently not! There are sunglasses made for sports!!! Imagine that.

Sports sunglasses are much lighter, they wrap around to cover your peripheral vision and they allow more air to circulate between your face and the frames so they don’t fog up! These claim to be unbreakable but that really does remain to be seen. I’ve only had them for about a week and I’ve only run in them three times.

So far, I’m really happy with them. My son says I look like a super hero in them (Rainbow Girl – I’m not sure what her powers are, but I’ll take it).

No comments:

Post a Comment