Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14th, 2011 – 3.44 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was a good tempo run. I stayed in the 10:?? min/mi range (excluding traffic light stops), which is around my 5k Race Day pace (in a flat, road race).

This was challenging for me but extremely satisfying. If I can work up to maintaining that pace for a full 13.1 miles, that would be the dream.

As it is, I was proud to keep it going for nearly 3.5 miles.

The ultimate goal is to still be doing this when I’m 75 so I need to keep that in mind while I’m pounding the pavement. I’d rather cross the finish line last then have to go see the doctor the next day.

While I do want to be careful, I also want to be sure to continuously challenge myself.
That’s what this run was about. It felt good.

I feel like I earned my rest tonight…. And maybe a chocolate chip cookie or two.

G’night!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! you are doing great. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog today. I never think of how much strength that can take - it's just what I've always done. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete