Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1st, 2010 - 3.75 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

Today’s run was a gloriously pleasant joke! I wanted to stop by Sallly’s to treat myself to a new Spring Nail Color. There was an article in my Health Magazine this month that suggested that flirty bright shades are all the rage this season. Snore! I know! I know! But I promised my husband I would try to keep my nails polished this Spring and Summer. He really likes it when my nails are done and he’s a pretty good guy, so I figured it was a small thing I could do for him that I could possibly exchange for an orgasm or two from time to time.

Anyway…. This quick purchase split my rather short run in half. Anything less than 3 miles isn’t typically worth the time or effort, but it was such a nice day and the shop is along my usual route, so I thought I’d go ahead and run over there, pick something up, then complete the route. Of course, this meant my heart rate completely dropped out about 1.75 miles in while I was deciding between some Bubble Gum shade and what looked like a Frosted Pumpkin color and I had to do the remaining 2 miles with 3 bottles of nail color in my running pack, banging on my kidneys.

Other than that, it was a wonderful run. The day was glorious. Spring is so beautiful in Ventura County. I kept my heart rate at about 92%, so I was working pretty hard when I was running. I was listening to my Funk playlist on my iPod. How can you not love catching a groove to “She’s a Bad Mamma Jamma”, “Atomic Dog” and Old School Jams? Life doesn’t get any better than this.

When I got home Jayda was still napping and Chris and Jordan were engrossed in separate computer games so they didn’t even notice when I walked in. I grabbed a giant glass of water and hit the showers. After a cup of Greek Yogurt with dried cranberries, I sat in front of the TV and polished my nails. Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment