Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 29th, 2013 – 4.00 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was good run. About an 11-min pace, which is good for me. I was happy with it. Chris dropped me off at the library and I ran home.

This is a route that is very familiar to me and I saw many people on the street, which is typical for SoCal in the spring. It's so nice to see people out and about when I am getting a few miles in…. As long as they pull to the left and keep their dogs in check while we’re passing each other.

I have been dealing with extreme guilt and regret over not meeting with my running team, Race Pace. Don’t get me wrong, I *love* Race Pace and they challenge me to be better than I am. But here’s the thing, they run at 7:30 on Sunday mornings!!

I know that most runners like to get it in before the cock crows. But I ain’t gonna lie, running crazy early in the morning is a drag for me. I really do hate it!!

But it is absolutely necessary in the summer. If you don’t get it in before 10am, you’re not going! It’s just too dang hot! But the WONDERFUL thing about this time of year – which is coming to a swift and drastic halt very very soon - is that you can run at any time of day and it’s just beautiful!!! Pleasant and sweet.

It is likely that very soon, my alarm clock will be set to MJ’s “Human Nature” and waking me up at the crack of dawn so I can tag along with Race Pace. But for now, I am just enjoying the fact that I don’t have a race on my calendar yet and I could run at high noon if I wanted to and still be quite comfortable.

These days are drawing to a swift and brutal close. We’ll be up in the high 90s by the weekend and if I don’t get a race scheduled soon, I’m likely to break out in hives or something! The lack of it is stressin’ me out!!!

1 comment:

  1. I fit my running in around my wife, so on the weekends I run as early as I can so I can spend the rest of the day doing the things I need to to keep the house/marriage together. In winter you can still find me running at 05h00 in the dark and rain!

    I wish I had a group for morning runs, but 05h00 is to early for most people...

    good luck in getting out there and running those miles.

    ReplyDelete