Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 3rd, 2012 – Dirty Girl Mud Run (5k)




The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This was the one of the greatest days of my life!!! This was the Ventura County Dirty Girl Mud Run. It's just for women and it's in support of breast cancer research. It was a BLAST!!!!

Hear this now: I will NEVER do another organized race by myself AGAIN!!!

The races that I've done alone pale in comparison to the ones I’ve done with friends. Usually, I’m at the Start Line all by myself and generally speaking, that’s fine. Runners are awesome and I don’t usually have any trouble striking up a conversation if I’m feeling envious of their team shirts and tutus.

I was invited to participate in this race by my good friend Shea. We’ve been friends for years and why we don’t hang out more often is absolutely beyond me. She is so cool!


She was doing the race with some of the girls in her dojo. Most of them are upper level Tae Kwon Do students and some of them are 3rd degree Masters. It was a highly accomplished group. Shea, herself, is black belt.

Their team is called the Muddy Dragons and they are all Tough Mudders. Yikes!

The course was all trail and all muddy!!!





We got down in it and it was amazing!!

It was unlike any experience I’ve ever had. Not because of the mud run, I’ve done several of those. I’m no stranger to having muddy sand lodged in my girlie bits.

The part that knocked me off my feet was the shower Tent!

The shower at the end was insane! It was like the last days of Caligula in there!

Naked ladies packed into a dark tent, rubbing their bodies with water running. I will never get those images out of my head!!

I am very comfortable with my body and generally have no problem with nakedness. One of the main reasons I love my house is because the master suite has large mirrors in it. Watching me walk toward myself after a shower… I’m not gonna lie, it’s one of my favorite things. It’s like warm, melted chocolate flowing over hills and valleys. Mmmmm Mmmm….

Ahem….

My point is, I am *far* from prudish and even I was on edge!! Boobs were just EVERYWHERE and there wasn’t a single attempt at modesty!!! And it wasn't like they were doing their business, packing up and leaving. They were taking their time and sticking around to chat.... COMPLETELY NAKED!!! It was CRAZY!!

I can think of a few people who would have spent the $65 just to be in the shower tent! I felt dirtier after the shower than I did at any point during the race.


All of it was great. Really. It sounds like I was appalled. Not at all. Just stunned. It was a lot to take all at once because basically, you just turn a corner and BAM!!! A room full of naked women!!

All different shapes and sizes and all beautiful. It really was a great race.

This is the cool T-shirt and necklace that all registrants got. I will wear it with immense pride.


And here we are at the end. This was a best group of girls! They were so inclusive and wonderful and I can’t wait until we can get together again! GO DRAGONS!!




2 comments: