Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 24, 2012 – 2.09 Mile Run


The continued prayer is, “Lord keep me focused. Keep my mind stayed on You. Help me to bring You praise. I know You believe in me. Please help me in my unbelief. Amen.”

This run was all joy! Our good friends Craig and Trista came to visit for a few days. Craig and Chris have been friends since high school and he is super cool. Craig and I worked together at the same software firm for about 3 years and Trista is my favorite Facebook buddy, so we go way back too.

We knew that they were planning a visit and Craig and I had this run planned for months. He’s a big bad Army dude who had completed a 20-mile hike two days before he came to see us so he was ready for an easy run.

This was great. He showed up at our place at about 10am and the scorching heat had passed so the weather was just perfect.

He set the pace and we talked and laughed and I just loved it. Running with Craig is as close as I’ll get to running with Chris. He’s easy going, I felt protected and the run was nothing but pleasure.

Thanks, Craig!




4 comments:

  1. Keep posting, keep running, I know i need to post again, just need a little time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to start this post: "This run was all fun."
    Love it when runs are like that - fun! It keeps you going, doesn't it?

    And thanks for your encouragement. I'm just going to do what I can do, to the best of my ability. That's all one can do, right?

    ReplyDelete